Friday, December 28, 2012

Makeup Storage: UPDATED


Well, my new makeup storage wasn't so great.  Again, this blogger learns that you get what you pay for.  And this was what I got.




As you can see, things weren't so good...

I have been looking at the Hayworth lingerie chest at Pier 1 Imports for over a year, and although it's on sale right now, I still cannot justify that cost.  Not for a bathroom organization tool.  My husband even said he supported buying it, but again... just couldn't fork over the money.  There was one other option that I had seen and liked - an option was much more economical.  So off to Ikea we went!

Here's what I ended up with! Ikea's Alex drawer unit, which retails for $115.  It's more than the previous unit, but it's sturdy, comes highly recommended, and looks great in our master bath.  Another bonus is it looks like I don't have near as much makeup as I do, LOL.  I also added the beautiful new mirror on top.  Ikea, 10 dollars.


Drawer 1 - single eyeshadows (most MAC, plus Urban Decay, Nars, Sigma, Wet N Wild, Stila), some quads/trios, my eyelash curler & tweezers, and eyelash serum. The clear organizer tray is the Godmorgan line from Ikea.  It comes with three pieces - the other two are in different drawers.


Drawer 2 - Palettes.  Naked 1, Naked 2, Naked Basics, Lorac Pro, TheBalm's Meet Matte & Nude 'Tude palettes, some Wet N Wild palettes, Bobbi Brown quad, MAC quad, and my hand mirror.


Drawer 3 isn't pictured.  Oops!  It's eye primers, brow products, brighteners... and it's practically empty because I don't have very many.

Drawer 4 - Bronzers, blushes, concealer.  (Tarte, Benefit, MAC, NYC, TheBalm, Tarina Tarantino, NYX, Rimmel, Physician's Formula, etc.)


Drawer 5 - Foundations and powders


Drawer 6 - The clear organizer (acrylic) is also the Godmorgan line from Ikea (retails for $17.99). This drawer  holds eyeliners, mascaras, lip products. The part holding liners and mascaras leans up and there is extra storage underneath. I keep extra supplies (new mascara, new liner) in there.


Drawer 7 - Other palettes that don't get used as much.  Cinderella palette by Sephora, Tarte Starlet (which I don't recommend), Urban Decay Smoked Palette, Urban Decay hearts NYC palette, Smashbox Mega Palette, and the brush holder that my Sigma Make Me Cool kit came in.



Drawer 8 - Face cleaning products and lip moisturizers. It looks like I have a ton, but it's really a lot of samples I'm supposed to try out. I need to start cleaning through these, but for now, they're all in this drawer.


Drawer 9 - Spare things, contact lenses, etc.


And that's the new system!  Let's hope this one lasts a lot longer than a month!

5 comments:

  1. you know I've heard a ton about these units and I think this is going on my birthday list. Great job with the organization. I'm over my 4 cube units-well, more like they are overflowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first started out with a plastic drawer system from Target or Walmart. Looking at my organization system now, I am AMAZED I could get everything in there - and it was stuffed to the gills! It's great to so easily see all of my options and what all I have to play with. I've found myself not shopping as much for new things now that I can see what I've got.

      Delete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!