Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pink Week Review 2: NYX Butter Glosses


It's Pink Week here on The Reasonable Blonde, where I'm celebrating beauty items in one of my favorite hues: PINK! Today's topic? NYX butter glosses. Let's go!



I purchase these two Butter Glosses before Christmas as last-minute stocking stuffers for myself (yeah, I admit it) and I have to say… I loooooove them! I love them so much, I went online and order four more! The two colors shown here are Creme Brûlée and Eclair.


They have a doe-foot applicator (pretty standard). There is a fragrance - it's very pleasant.


Here are swatches - Eclair is on on the left, Creme Brûlée on the right. I have found that they are pigmented enough for people to notice without looking nuts on my lips, they're not sticky, and they have decent lasting power. If you're averse to the fragrance of the regular NYX glosses, these may be more to your liking, as they do smell somewhat sweet, but are not very strong at all.

I will post again when the other colors arrive, but if you're looking for shades that are more on the natural, "your lips but better" side, these are two you would probably like. I get compliments on these (I even used Creme Brûlée yesterday to tone down a pretty bright pink lip balm stain (Revlon) and got a lot of compliments on the resulting look. I definitely recommend these, if you haven't already tried them out! If you have checked them out, let me know which ones you recommend!

Cheers,
Kelly

All items in this post were purchased by me with my own money, and all opinions are my own. I am an honest blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!