Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Great Kisser? A Lip Balm Review


I've written before about my search for a great lip balm. I need something that moisturizes, smoothes, and tastes/feels pleasant. I don't want anything too waxy or goopy. And these days, it seems like most products either do nothing, or are so thick and goopy that they make the situation worse.

I've searched high and low, and when I saw that Soap and Glory had a balm, I was excited to give it a go! Their scrub is fantastic, and I even like their Clean on Me body wash. So their balm should be good… right?

Wrong.



This balm was waxy, sticky, and goopy. I didn't find it to be moisturizing at all. People had been raving about the "fresh peach" smell… how it is just like real peaches and how refreshing it is. Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't get more synthetic smelling than this, folks. No real peaches here. Not even fake peaches. Well, not good fake peaches (like Jolly Ranchers… yum!).

My search for the perfect balm continues. Until then, I think this makes a decent gloss, but not anything more. And because of the synthetic flavor and feel, I don't even think I'll use it as a gloss.

No great kissing with Great Kisser!

3 comments:

  1. I use Softlips and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment (I got the Fresh lip balm from Sephora as a sample and now love it but ah it is pricey). But I tend to like my lip balms a bit on the soft waxy side. The Maybelline Baby Lips do nothing for my lips in term of moisturizing it. But Softlips and Fresh Sugar do. I haven't tried the Soap and Glory one but I think I will stay away from it. Especially since it smells synthetic and isnt that mosturizing.
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby Lips do nothing for me either! I did NOT get all the hype - sounds like I'm not the only one. Softlips are some of my favorites, and there used to be a liquid-y roller ball balm by Blistex that I love, but they don't make it anymore (from what I can tell). I think I like the softer, medicated ones that aren't thick and goopy.

      Delete
  2. oh no! i'll be sure to skip this for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!