Sunday, November 17, 2013

Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con Lolita Palette


Every now and then, a splurge comes along and you just can't help yourself.

This is that splurge.

I first heard about the Marc Jacobs line on YouTube (of course). The prices seemed high, and most of the line did not interest me, but I'm a sucker for eyeshadows and my ears perked up when girls were discussing the different palettes.

Behold its beauty!

What attracted me to this palette (Style Eye-Con in The Lolita) was its sleek design and soft, feminine colors. The palette is long, black and glossy. It's sleek. It has weight to it. And it comes in a little cloth protective case with a snap. 

There are seven colors in the palette, some matte, some shimmer, and one glitter. The matte and shimmer colors are phenomenal. They're soft, pigmented, and they stay put. Only the glitter seems have trouble with serious fallout issues… at least, for me it did.

These colors are pretty to look at, of course, but when I first applied them, I have to admit I wasn't terribly enthused. I liked them, but for the price point ($59 USD at Sephora) I wanted to LOVE them. However, throughout the day, when I'm normally dealing with shadows blending together into a generic taupe shade on my blue-hue lids, these colors kept me second-glancing in the mirror. I just couldn't get over how nice and different they looked on the lid! Overall, worth the money, especially when compared to other higher-end brands like Urban Decay or MAC. This is a winner in my book.

And the pink shade (third from the right) - AMAZING!

6 comments:

  1. This palette looks gorgeous. All the shades are wearable and beautiful. I really want to treat myself to this
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! I haven't looked too closely at the other ones available, but I'm guessing they're very pretty too. I think this one (Lolita) is the most versatile.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is beautiful. I think it's one that I'll actually use until most of it is gone.

      Delete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!