Monday, September 16, 2013

Healthy Lifestyle Post: September 2013 Bestowed Box


I'm back with a new monthly subscription box - this one with a slightly different twist!

If you've followed my blog for a while, you know I've tried a handful of monthly subscription services, and have ultimately cancelled them all. They've all been primarily beauty-related, but two of them (Birchbox and Eco-Emi) both frequently included food items for healthier living. That being said, I haven't received one that actually focused on a healthy lifestyle, and since that's become a big concern for me in the last couple of years, I was excited to see that a box service had been started!


So here's what my September box included:
  • LaTortilla white whole wheat mini soft wraps (8 count)
  • Popcorn, Indiana Fit Popcorn (0.5 oz) - sea salt flavor
  • Funky Monkey Carnaval Mix freeze-dried fruit (0.42 oz)
  • Happy Squeeze organic yogurt in super strawberry (3.5 oz)
  • Somersaults in cinnamon crunch (1 oz)
  • NatureMade VitaMelts multivitamins in tropical fruit flavor (40 tablets)
  • Pacific Natural Foods hazelnut chocolate drink (8 fl oz)
  • Nonni's THINaddictives (2 cookies)
  • Pearls Black Pitted Olives To-Go (4 1.2 oz cups)
As you can see, these boxes are jam-packed full of delicious snacks, all chosen by the Bestowed founder, who is a registered dietician. So far, I've only tried the vitamins (yum) and the THINaddictives cookies (YUMMM!!), but I'm optimistic about the rest of these items and can't wait to try them out! The whole point of this box is to try new foods and snacks that are healthy, contain good ingredients, and perhaps even a little outside of your comfort zone.  Each box comes with probably the most detailed explanations on what the items are, why they were chosen, what their recommended uses are, and where to find more.  Details like that make the Bestowed box a bit different from other subscription box services.

This is not my first Bestowed box (I subscribed in August and loved that box) and I can't wait to see more. They're new and still very young (I've spotted some typos in the inserts) but I think this one is worth exploring if you're trying to get healthier or are just a foodie who likes mail!

Bestowed monthly price: $19.00
Link: http://www.bestowed.com/

If you try it out, let me know what you think!

Disclaimer: I purchased this box with my own money. I am not affiliated with Bestowed... I am only a fan. I am not being paid to review and all thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!