Monday, February 4, 2013

Review: Revlon Colorstay Smoky Shadow Stick

I don't know about you, but my lids need a primer for eyeshadow.  For years, I avoided wearing shadow because it always creased.  Every day at work, I'd go to the ladies' room mid-morning and stare in horror at my face.  It looked awful.  Long story short, I discovered shadow primer, and life has been peaches ever since.

There seems to be a recent surge in cream shadows and sticks on the market.  I know the NYX jumbo pencils have been out a long time, but lately it seems like a lot of drugstore brands have caught on to the craze.  A few months ago, I picked up two of the Revlon Smoky Shadow sticks (in Flare, light and dark purple, and Atomic, gold and green).  They work okay as shadows, but I didn't love them.  Then I heard about another color: Torch.

Revlon Smoky Shadow Stick in Torch


Although the Smoky Shadow Sticks make mediocre shadows, it turns out, they make excellent shadow primers.  The lighter color is a lovely skintone shade, which is perfect for any number of shadow colors.  I haven't used the darker shade, but I think it would be helpful in smoky eye looks, and will smudge a little easier than some liners.


You can see that I've been using this lighter shade a lot!  Haha.


This shade would be nice as a darker base, or blended out for a smoky, sultry look.

I have seen online that people don't love these sticks, but I think as bases, they are fantastic!  You don't need a separate primer, and I have experienced NO creasing at all.  A great addition to your makeup collection at a much lower cost than most decent primers out there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!