Thursday, October 4, 2012

Reasonable Fitness: Run Like You Mean It

In my life, I've set many goals, and I've reached many of them!  But one that is a constant struggle is running.

I want to be a runner.  One of those free spirits who strap on their sneakers, hit the pavement, and sweat out the frustrations of the day.  Plus, have you seen a runner's legs?  Talk about tone.

Oh how I long to join the ranks of the road warriors!  Lately I've been pursuing this dream, pushing harder and harder in this quest.  Since my trusty iPod comes along with me in battle, I thought I'd share some highlights from my slightly schizophrenic playlist and share them with you all!


1.  Born to Run (Bruce Springsteen)
I love this song because it's got a great beat, of course, but the biggest reason I love this song is because it's empowering.  I don't think he's singing about actual running - it's about breaking molds, getting out, doing more than what was expected of you... and I can relate to that.

2.  Die Vampire Die (cast of [Title of Show])
It's funny, uses the F word a lot, has a pretty good melody, and is about battling your own insecurities. What's not awesome about that?  I imagine the "F*ck you, Miss Johnson.  Word." part is really directed at my high school music teacher, who sucks balls and is unfortunately still terrorizing students at my old high school.  Witch.

3.  The Power of Love (Huey Lewis and the News)
I admit that I'm a total 80s junkie... music, movies, etc.  This song always makes me smile and gives a little more pep in my step because it's the song my husband and I were introduced to at our wedding reception.  I don't know, it just makes me happy... which makes running a bit easier.  Plus Back to the Future is awesome.

4.  Come Baby Come (K7)
Yeah... my musical tastes are 20 years old.  But you try to sit and listen to this song without tapping your fingers or wiggling to the beat.  You can't do it.

5.  Neutron Dance (Pointer Sisters)
Yep, another old cheesy 80s song.  I think I danced to this as a little girl one year in a dance recital.  It reminds me of spandex, leotards, and sequins... Just makes the run more fun.

My list has a lot more on it, but those are just a few that always seem to perk up the run.  What do you run to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!