Tuesday, September 11, 2012

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara and a blogging upate

Hey gals! I've been on a serious mascara kick lately, trying a pretty wide variety of drugstore brands.  Some have been impressive, while others are mediocre at best.  And one is just... bad.  But more about that in another post.  This post is about the one that impresses me the most so far: L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition!

L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara

This mascara is actually pretty straightforward and simple.  No fancy formula.  No whacked out wand. It's on the wetter side, in my opinion, but not so wet that it gets sloppy on your lashes.  I feel like I get very full coverage (I have nearly clear lashes due to platinum blonde hair - I can see every micro-ounce of product on my lashes) but it doesn't leave me looking like a habitual party girl on a 3-day bender.


The wand is not that weird synthetic-y plastic brush type (but I actually don't mind those), but the bristles aren't so long or sparse that product goes on unevenly or sloppy.  It's a nice change of pace in a time when so many companies are producing these gimmicky products that are pricey and disappointing.  I think this is a classic mascara that I'm going to be repurchasing again.

In other blog-related news, I haven't been taking new swatches for this blog because I'm working on a better set-up.  Namely, a lightbox!  It's taking me some time because life and work have to come first, but look for new updates soon with nice, detailed pictures without weird lighting.  Hooray!

xoxo,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I've not seen this mascara before :)

    I'm your newest follower, would love if you could check my blog out and follow back if you like it! :)
    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    I will also be having a giveaway when i hit 50 followers!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!