Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Beauty Blogger Book Report


Hello lovelies!

As you know, I'm a voracious reader.  Lately, I've been trying to read more and more about the beauty industry and all things related.  So, I picked up The Beauty Aisle Insider from my local library.  I recently wrote my first Beauty Blogger Book Report and shared it with the gals over at Them Blog Ideas.  Here's the link!

One thing that really stood out to me is the heavy promotion of Proctor & Gamble products like Pantene.  My family was told years and years ago (by a plumber) that we shouldn't use Pantene because it makes your hair fall out.  Recently, I started rethinking this idea.  Why were we taking beauty advice from a plumber?  So, I'm doing some investigating.  Sometime soon, I hope to blog what I learn.  In the meantime, are any of you using Pantene?  What products?  How do you like them?

Cheers,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I loved your post Kelly, I have often meant to investigate things a little more! I don't know if you get Head & Shoulders shampoo, but the anti-dandruff one completely strips the colour from dyed hair after a few washes. I used to use it and had no idea why my colour was fading so much until a hairdresser told me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, that's interesting! I know that the book says that dandruff shampoos have one of two different kinds of medications in order to heal the scalp. I wonder if they have sulfates as cleansers? I know sulfates are usually culprits for stripping hair color...

      Delete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!