Friday, August 31, 2012

Physician's Formula Happy Booster in Natural


Lately I've been on a blush kick, looking at all the bright pinks, sunny corals, and muted rose shades in the drugstore.  So when Rite-Aid had a sale on Physician's Formula, I took the opportunity to try one of their Happy Booster blushes.  (I have a light bronzer, which I like but do not use regularly.)


Part of me was drawn to this blush because of the girly pink packaging... and the super girly hearts.  But the color was the biggest draw for me - Natural is a nice rosy color that isn't over the top.  It isn't too bright pink, isn't too plum or brown.  It's a nice, natural (ha) flush on the cheeks.


Happy Booster comes with a separate compartment for a little hot pink and red applicator.  My picture didn't turn out, so you'll have to just trust me on that.  I do not use that brush, as I prefer my Sigma F40 angled brush for blush application.  But it's nice to know that in a pinch, the applicator is there.


The swatch shows the general color.  It's rather sheer on the cheeks, but definitely visible.  I think it looks like a nice, natural flush - no clown face.  Another thing I often look for is oxidation - that annoying thing when your makeup turns orange on your face for a while.  I have no issues with this one after an entire day of wear.  One last thing to note is the fragrance.  Physician's Formula tends to add fragrance to their cosmetics, and I've actually heard some people complain about the smell ("like plants").  The Happy Booster in Natural smells very nice to me - and I'm actually super sensitive and picky to fragrances.  This smells feminine but not fruity, flowery, or "plant-y".  It just smells nice.

If you've tried this, let me know in the comments!  What did you think?

11 comments:

  1. I would love to try this! We don't get this in the UK :( xx

    freshbeautyxox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty palette, and I like that it's a little sheer. Thanks so much for stopping by Glossy Blonde! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this product and love it! I found your blog through BBU hop, I'm now following! xx
    Beauty by T

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's adorable! I love things like this that are sweet to look at AND useful. This is a really good colour that I would get a lot of use from. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely. I hear great things about physicians formula but we cant get it easily in the uk! :(

    Found you through the blog hop x

    Www.betterwithbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! That stinks that you can't get it in the UK. It's not normally my favorite drugstore brand but this blush is really nice. I wonder if you can get it online?

      Delete
  6. We dont have any physicians formula store or whatever here in the philippines. but i know some online stores who sells this. :) i would love to try it.

    anyways.. followed you through the bbu hop.
    i hope you can also check mine and follow. :)

    ps i am also having my birthday giveaway. you might want to check that out. :)
    http://allaboutbeingglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!