Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sigma Series #4: F40 Large Angled Contour


The next Sigma brush in my review series is the F40 Large Angled Contour brush.  I use this super soft brush to apply blush, and sometimes to apply a contour shade in the groove below my cheekbones to flatter my face.  I got this brush as part of the Make Me Cool Collection.

What I like
This brush is so soft and perfectly sized!  It applies blush color in a nice, even fashion.  I like that the bristles are white - you can see exactly how much product you have on the brush.  I know people who wear entirely too much blush and it just makes them look like clowns.  This brush really helps to avoid that problem.  The bristles clean easily back to a very soft, pretty white.  I have had no trouble with shedding at all.

What I'm not fond of
This brush splays more than any other brush I've owned.  I use my Sigma Dry N Shape to hold my brushes' shape while they dry, and even that doesn't stop this brush's bristles from splaying.  Instead, I keep it always in the plastic slip it came with.  After every use, I just slide it back in and the bristles are kept in place perfectly.


Overall impressions
I really love this brush, and keeping it in the plastic sleeve doesn't really bother me.  Sigma brushes aren't the cheapest option out there, but they are reasonably priced and they hold up really well.  I used to never even wear blush, but now that I've started using fuller coverage foundation, I am covering more redness in my cheeks, so blush is actually a nice addition to my overall look.  This brush is so soft and pretty - it's actually fun to apply blush!  I don't have to worry about putting too much on because I can tell precisely how much is on the brush.  It's fantastic, and I recommend it to anyone!

Disclaimer:  I am now an affiliate for Sigma.  However, I am not compensated for my reviews and all endorsements are honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!