Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 2012 Birchbox

My February Birchbox arrived today.


This month's box included:

  • dermalogica Daily Microfoliant powder
  • EYE ROCK Designer Liner (stick on eye liner)
  • Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint
  • Bonus items: Supersmile Powdered Mouthrinse and 6 digital downloads from Green River Ordinance
I tried the microfoliant this morning, and I didn't really notice anything.  It was just a paste that I rubbed on my face.  I wasn't even sure I'd used enough.  I actually like to feel the exfoliating beads so that I can sense how much is enough.

I have to say, I'm really disappointed this month.  Lately I've had more disappointments than pleasant surprises.  They're supposed to cater the products to the subscribers' needs, but I've gotten a lot of things that I don't need or can't use.  I've gotten a lot of exfoliating face products and hair oil.  While I appreciate the face stuff (can't use the oil), it's getting old.  The whole point is to let me try products I might actually want to buy and incorporate into my daily routine... but a lot of the products are so overpriced and the samples are so small (nowhere near "deluxe"), I can't justify buying the full size after only one use... especially with face products.  I'd rather read a lot of reviews and go off recommendations of others.

I heard this month that they're giving beauty blenders to some subscribers.  The beauty blender is a 20 dollar foundation applicator (egg-shaped sponge) that you can purchase at Sephora.  I wish I'd gotten that instead of yet another face exfoliator and some stick-on eyeliner.  Time to seriously consider canceling Birchbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!