Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Benefit Hervana Blush Review

I was tired of the same pink blush day in and day out, so I started looking for something a little girlier with a more natural look and feel.  After hearing nothing but positive reviews on Benefit's Hervana blush, I bit the bullet and added it to my cart while purchasing some other things from Sephora.


Like any other boxed blush from Benefit, this comes in cute packaging with a little mirror inside.  A brush is included, but this one is angled.  I haven't used the brush (I prefer my Sigma angled blush brush) but I've heard it's nice.  One of these days, I'll give it a whirl.


There are multiple colors in this blush, and together they create a light, matte, fresh pink color.  I like that I don't have to use an extremely light hand to avoid looking like a clown, but I don't have to pack it on either.  If given the choice, I would rather build up blush than constantly try to tone it down.  There is no shimmer, no glitter, no chalkiness.  Just a great, natural, glowy pink color!


I have heard that Benefit's blushes typically have a fragrance.  Normally, I'm quite sensitive to smells and pick odors up right away, but this doesn't bother me.  I don't really smell anything when applied to my face.  Other reviews that mention fragrance (that I've seen) have said similar things - no notable fragrance with Hervana.


This blush is definitely more expensive than drugstore brands, running about 28-30 dollars.  If you're not super fair and can pull off many different blush shades with different levels of pigmentation, then you may actually want to get two drugstore blushes for less than the price of this one.  However, if you're like me, very fair and very particular about blush colors (having to avoid anything overly coral, brown, orange, bronze, etc.), you'll enjoy this one.  It wakens up my face, doesn't go on heavy or cakey, and I like the little kiss of happy it gives my cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!