Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 2012 Birchbox

My January 2012 Birchbox arrived!  Click below to see what was inside!



1. Pomegranate Body Soap by Archipelago (1.8 ounces) - Full size is $12.50, the soap is supposed to leave your skin feeling clean without stripping it of moisture.

My initial thought - it's very fragrant, but it's not unpleasant.  I don't think my fiance would ever be willing to use this soap, but it will go nicely in our guest bathroom.  I'm not good with describing scents, but this doesn't smell fruity.  More floral/perfume-y.  I like it, though.  If you're SUPER sensitive to scents, you might not like this.


2. Checks and Balances Frothy face wash by Origins (1 fl oz) - Full size of this product runs $19.50, which is fairly reasonable given Origins prices, but they do tend to be higher quality.  This is a multi-tasking cleanser that claims to be appropriate for dry skin, oily, and combination.

I used this tonight and it's very nice!  I used about the same amount as two peas and lathered it up in my hands before washing my face.  It worked really well to help remove makeup residue (I had used eye makeup remover to get my eyeliner, shadow, and mascara mostly off) and my face feels really soft and clean, but not tight and dried out.  (My skin tends to be on the dry side.)

3. Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner by Stila in Lionfish - Full size of this product runs $20.  I've been dying to try these because I hear about them all the time, so I'm really excited to see how this works.  The color is gorgeous!!  It's a deep brown with shimmer, so pigmented and soft.  I love it already and can't wait to explore what all it can do!


4. Juicy Couture perfume sample (0.05 fl oz) - Full size of this runs $69-89.  I probably would not purchase it myself, but it's not too bad.  I'm a firm believer that perfumes need to "cook" on each individual before determining if it works.  What smells great on one person may smell horrible on the next.  It's all about body chemistry.  I'm going to try this scent out and see how it goes.  It's very strong, that's for sure.

5.  Extra: A mini Lara bar in Blueberry Muffin.  I got a different flavor in my Holiday 2011 VoxBox from Influenster, but I saw they had this flavor and I wanted to try it, so I'm excited to give this a shot and see if it's better than my Kind Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew bar.  Mmm!

Cheers!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!