Friday, January 13, 2012

Bandwagon post! Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadow


I recently heard about the new eyeshadows from Maybelline and I just had to see for myself.  Long-lasting, wears better than MAC paint pots, and in good colors?  Sign me up!

The Maybelline Color Tattoo eye shadows claim to last 24 hours... while I'm inclined to agree with Allison (Amarixe on YouTube) - no one should need eye shadow for 24 hours - these definitely last through the day!  I just purchased two colors, since I don't tend to wear super bright colors to my professional job.  I have to actually use soap/water or makeup remover to get these colors off!  They don't bleed, crease, or melt down your face.  And I didn't even use a primer with them.  Wow!

The consistency is very similar to MAC paint pot... in fact, it feels identical.  The two colors I purchased are below.  Audacious Asphalt is a bit more sheer than Bad to the Bronze, and I used a purple MAC shadow over it for a really neat look.  I found that Bad to the Bronze pairs nicely with colors from the Urban Decay Naked2 palette.
Bad to the Bronze

 Audacious Asphalt (with a groove from my liner brush...)

So far, I have nothing negative to say about these colors... in fact, I hope they come out with more in this line!  Since taking these photos, I have purchased two more: Too Cool (a silvery white shimmer) and Tough as Taupe (a lighter taupe matte color).  I highly recommend these if you like the feeling of paint pots with great colors and long-wear that doesn't crease, but want to be a little more economical!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!