Saturday, January 28, 2012

The benefit of toner: Breath of Fresh Air review


We all know how important it is to wash our makeup off at night.  It's good to let your pores breathe, wash off the grit and grime of the day, and even to moisturize and nourish your skin.  But how do you know that you got all your makeup off?

Sometimes I like to use a fuller-coverage foundation, and the kind I use is considered "water resistant" so it doesn't wear off throughout the day.  I use Ponds makeup removing cloths to take off my mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, foundation, blush, etc.  Although the cloth is completely dirty by the time I'm done, there's still stuff on my face!  How do I know?  I spray some toner on a clean cotton ball and wipe it over my face - and the proof is on the puff.

I like Lush's Breath of Fresh Air because it's gentle and natural.  I find that it doesn't dry out my skin like some drugstore toners do, and by not drying out my skin, it doesn't cause breakouts or flaking.  My skin feels soft and clean.  Origins also has a fairly decent toner, but my least favorite is definitely Clinique.

Do you use a toner?  What kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!