Friday, January 27, 2012

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Review


It seems like the two most popular eye primers that people talk about are Urban Decay's Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  It seems like a lot of girls either like one or the other.  The first primer I tried was Primer Potion so I was always in that camp, even after trying other brands (favorite drugstore brand is still NYX HD primer).  However, I'd never crossed the line and tried Primer Potion's top rival... until now.

I've used this primer every day this week, and I have to say - wow!  Primer Potion did a good job of keeping eye makeup on my lids, but by the afternoon, the colors were all running together as one color, so if I spent time using several different distinct colors, by the end of the day, it was all completely averaged out across my lids.  With Shadow Insurance, the colors stayed in place and everything lasted through the day.

The consistency feels thinner than Primer Potion, less tacky to the touch.  Although it is not colorless, it doesn't really apply color to your lid.  And a little goes a long way.

I like the Primer Potion in Eden, and I will probably end up using the rest of the product, but Too Faced Shadow Insurance is definitely top in my book, and it has become my go-to primer.  I find myself more eager to use various colors in my collection and do different looks, because I know at the end of the day it's worth it - those colors are still there, right where I put them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!