Tuesday, December 27, 2011

VoxBox Review: Mentos gum



My first product review from the 2011 Holiday VoxBox is the Mentos Pure Fresh chewing gum.  I had to laugh when I saw this in the box because I had been eyeing it at the grocery store earlier in the week, but because I already had a pack of gum in my purse, I decided not to buy until I was out.  So, I was excited to get to try this out.


The pieces of gum are a great size.  With a lot of brands, I find that I need to chew two pieces in order to feel like I have something substantial, but that isn't the case with Mentos chewing gum.  One piece is perfect.

The taste is fresh and long-lasting.  There is an initial crunch when you bite into the gum, just the perfect amount.  Each piece is a mere 5 calories.

Using my Fooducate app on my iPhone, I looked up some additional nutrition information about this gum.

I do think this app is a bit alarmist on certain things, such as artificial sweeteners used in gum, but it's interesting to note that there are artificial sweeteners and colors.  However, a lot of experts agree that chewing gum is a great part of oral health routine because your mouth does not metabolize the sugar alcohols, which means gum does not leave you with cavities.  Some people may experience bloating from consuming sugar alcohols, but the levels in this gum are very small and are negligible.

Overall, this gum is very nice.  If you're a fan of gum with a harder shell, as opposed to soft sticks, you will probably enjoy this gum very much.

Disclaimer:  I received this product at no cost in my Holiday VoxBox through Influenster.com.  All opinions and images are mine and I do not accept compensation for my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!