Tuesday, December 27, 2011

VoxBox Review: NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine in Nude York City



In my 2011 Holiday VoxBox was this lip gloss: NYC Liquid Lipshine in Nude York City.  At first, I'll admit - I wasn't thrilled about trying out another lip gloss.  I tend to have trouble with drug-store brands that are glossy because they tend to be thick, sticky, and leave a waxy feeling that eventually dries on my lips.  Boy was I surprised when I tried this out!


Application: This gloss comes with a standard doe-foot sponge applicator.  Because the product is not too thick, a nice amount comes out on the applicator without making a mess all over the bottle.  It glides on smoothly without needing to dip back into the bottle.


Color: The color is definitely a nude shade.  It's sheer, but is visible on my lips.  It can be worn alone, or over another color for a little more depth.  I like to wear this over my Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee.  The color is a perfect understated nude that works well with a slightly more dramatic eye look.


Lasting power is relatively normal to possibly above average.  It doesn't dry out my lips or leave a build up.  It's smooth and lightweight, with a light, pleasant fragrance.

The NYC Liquid Lipshine retails for less than 5 dollars at drugstores such as CVS.  More information can be found at New York Color's website: http://www.newyorkcolor.com/products/lips/lipgloss/liquid-lipshine

Disclaimer:  I received this product at no cost in my Holiday VoxBox through Influenster.com.  All opinions and images are mine and I do not accept compensation for my reviews.

Cheers,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!