Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Searching for sleeker hair

I'm growing my hair out... partly for the wedding, and partly because I haven't had really long hair in a long time.  Because my hair is naturally wavy, loosely curly, my hair needs a lot of styling, which means lots of heat, and lots of heat means lots of damage.

Most days, I like to wear it straight.  My hairstylist told me to spray dry wax (brand: Short Sexy Hair) and use a flat iron.  Because I A) don't have the time to flat iron my hair every day, and B) don't want to kill my hair even more than I already am, I began looking for alternatives.


On the recommendation of some YouTube beauty gurus, I decided to check out the got2b brand, and picked up the Smoothing Lustre Lotion at my local CVS.  I put one pump's amount into my hands and rub them together, then run my fingers through damp hair, avoiding the roots.  I separate my hair into two sections (like two pigtails) and make sure to run hands through the hair (including palms), all the way to the ends.  Then, blowdry as usual.

I find that this product makes my hair hold the straighter style longer, with fewer fly-aways.  I see less frizz, and it feels softer and more protected from heat damage.  The only con to the lustre lotion is the pump dispenser makes it very difficult to travel.  I'm leaving today on business, and I can't take it with me.  :-(  

I compared this to the amica Obliphica hair oil that came with my October Birchbox, and I prefer this product much more.  The hair oil felt like coating my hair in something synthetic, rather than something that absorbs well.  It left a weird texture that I didn't like... with fine hair, oily products look oily on the hair.  It wasn't for me.  I'm sticking with the got2b.  What do you use to protect and smooth your hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!