Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Urban Decay Naked Palette

Today's post is about a craze that has sustained itself for almost a year now... the Urban Decay Naked Palette.

While normally I don't jump on all the trends that come and go (I have a mortgage now!), I'm glad I jumped on this one.  I was just starting to build up my makeup collection with brands other than Bare Escentuals and was looking for something versatile and neutral.  Traditionally, I have avoided neutral colors, fearing that they washed me out and weren't flattering.  I'm going to let you in on a little secret... Brown and gold shadows enhance blue eyes!  Who'd have thought?!

So, after seeing all these YouTube videos popping up talking about the joy that is Urban Decay's Naked Palette, I rushed to Sephora's website and got on their email-reminder waitlist to be notified when the next shipment arrived.  Luckily, I didn't wait long and soon my own palette was at my door... just in time to go with me on a vacation in Hawaii (where I subsequently got engaged).


The colors are fantastic, and opportunities for different looks are endless.  A simple "barely there" look is Virgin as a highlight, Naked on the lid, Buck in the crease, and Toasted in the outer crease.  A gold look that enhances my blue eyes is Half-baked with Sidecar on the middle of the lid, Smog in the crease, and Hustle in the outer crease.  I never thought I could wear that look, but it turns out, it's very wearable!

This palette goes with me on almost every trip, business or personal.  It's versatile and easy to transport, and the colors are high-quality and pigmented.  It does come with a shadow brush, but I prefer my other brushes.  It also comes with the Primer Potion, an eyeshadow primer base that helps maintain your eye makeup throughout the day.

Do you have this palette?  What other crazes are worth buying into?

Note: Urban Decay just announced their Friends & Family sale, going on November 1-5.  Just put code  'FFHoliday11' when you check out.  The Naked Palette is NOT excluded this time - so it's a good opportunity to grab one at a discounted price!

1 comment:

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!