Sunday, January 26, 2014

Product Review: Covergirl Bombshell Volume mascara by Lashblast


Covergirl has a new mascara on the market - Bombshell Volume. Given the popularity of the other Lashblast mascaras, I was excited to give this one a try. Let's first take a look at what the product is supposed to do… then let's see what kind of results I got!

Bombshell Volume is unique because it's a 2-step process in one mascara. The first step, which is unlike other primers that are clear or white in color and meant to add length to the lashes, uses a wand that is short and rubbery, putting color on the lashes.


The second step, which uses the same color, has a regular wand with longer bristles. In these two steps, your lashes are supposed to look thicker, longer, and more luscious.


While it is convenient for the two steps to be in the same tube, I want to point out that this mascara is a behemoth! Here is the tube next to a quarter:


So keep that in mind if you have smaller hands or like mascaras that are easier to hold and control.

Now onto my experience - complete with REALLY CLOSE pictures!


I've said time and time again that my lashes are blonde. I mean BLONDE. Like really, really blonde.
See?

So if I put even the slightest amount of mascara on my lashes, it stands out and you can see it. I purchased Bombshell Volume in brown for a nice, natural looking lashes that just happen to be long and thick… if that's even possible!

So, let's try step 1!
Because the wand bristles are so short, it was difficult to get product on my lashes and not my lids… so here it is - in all its un-retouched glory!

Hm… no real volume added. Maybe a teeny bit of length, but it mostly just looks like gross, cheap, dried up mascara. Let's move to Step 2!

I put some eyeliner on, since I do wear that every day with mascara, and here's the "final look." I see no real volume. No real length. Nothing really pretty at all… just spidery, weak lashes. Ew.

Final thoughts:
Save your money - this one's a dud. The formula is dry, there's no volume added, the first step is fairly useless and the wand is bad. The second step is also reminiscent of cheap, old mascara. And the packaging is huge and clunky. For 8-10 dollars, this one just isn't worth the hassle.

Don't make my mistake - try something else and put your money to better use!

Cheers,
Kelly

Like any review on this blog, products featured were purchased by me (unless stated otherwise), and all opinions are my own. I do not accept money, products, or commissions for promise of a positive review, and I don't condone those who do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!