Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sonia Kashuk Eye On Neutral Palette Swatches & Review


Recently, I've heard some rave reviews about the Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral palette, which is sold at Target.  Some beauty bloggers and YouTubers seem to have similar taste to me, and I typically like what they recommend.  However, some gals seem to recommend things that never ever work for me.  Seriously.  I'm not exactly sure why I still follow them.  Is this one of those duds?  Click below to find out!




This palette includes 12 matte neutral shades in a slim packaging for $19.99.  No mirror is included, and although the back information sticker states that there are instructional cards included in a hidden compartment, the newer version of this palette (which this one is) does not actually include those instructions.  You can visit the Sonia Kashuk website for that information, but they make zero apologies for advertising that feature and then not including it.


The shades range from warmer to cooler tones - all neutral, all matte.  They're soft and a bit on the dry side.  I actually find these to be a little bit too dry (to the point of crumbly), and some are not as pigmented as I typically like.  You can see around the packaging that I've been using this palette, and the colors are sort of getting everywhere, yet I have only used it a handful of times.  I have not traveled with it, so I cannot attest to how well it holds up in transit.


As you can see by the swatches, some of the colors blend right into the skin, which can be good for nearly-naked looks.  I had to really pack on the color for these swatches and it took me some effort to get an even distribution of color.  The dry formula makes it difficult to not get patchy application of color!  Some shades in this palette are actually really unflattering, looking more yellow and gross, which few ladies (if any) can actually pull off without looking like they're diseased or malnourished.  I always use a shadow primer, but did not find that these shadows lasted particularly well.  They weren't bad... just weren't as great as the YouTuber made them out to be (which seems to be common with that girl...)

I give this palette a thumbs down and don't recommend it.

If you are looking for a good matte palette, I recommend theBalm's Meet Matte palette or the Lorac Pro Palette.  If you're looking for good neutrals, spend the extra $$ and get the icon: Urban Decay.  The Naked Palette and Naked2 are top notch, and if you're into mattes, Naked Basics is 7 dollars more than this palette, and although it has fewer colors, it has better pigmentation, softer, creamier texture, and colors that flatter us all and last all day.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!