Monday, October 1, 2012

All-over Sunny Glow: NYC Sunny Bronzer


Now that the weather is cooling and the days are getting shorter, we're all starting to lose our summer tans.  Okay, I didn't exactly have a bronzy glow, but I did have some color from being outside.  I still do.  But as we are forced to spend more and more time indoors, I'm definitely getting back to my regular pale self.  Blech.



I have always admired people who purchase bronzers, deftly apply them to their cheeks, and suddenly look like they came back from a week in the Caribbean.  If I did that, I'd look like I had some sort of rotting skin disease or mistook sunless tanning lotion for my regular moisturizer.  So, I have a couple of bronzers, but I mostly use them for contouring... and I use them sparingly.  Still, I wanted something that could actually make me look a little bit more alive.  Tan, healthy Kelly... not Oompah Loompah Kelly.


NYC (New York Color) Sunny Bronzer is a really nice bronzing powder.  There's no shimmer, no glitter, no perfumey stuff, and it doesn't look cakey on my skin.  It is quite sheer, which means it's buildable and a bit harder to mess up.


As you can see in the picture above, it's VERY subtle.  I like to strategically apply this on places that would normally be sun-kissed (using my Sigma F25 tapered face brush), but the other day after applying BB cream that's a bit too light, this powder really came in handy!  I was able to warm my face back up to a normal shade and it actually looked pretty good!  I love the design, and the mirror is nice quality.  I have not traveled with this bronzer, so I can't comment on how well the compact holds up in transit, but so far, it's been very impressive in quality.  I have not had oxidizing issues with this bronzer.

So, I think I have one that will work well in fall/winter.  I have a couple of others that are darker and will still be my go-to for contouring, but this compact is a nice addition to the repertoire.  Have any of you tried this?  What do you think?

NYC products can be found at Target, Walmart, drugstores all over the US.  They're typically very low cost.  I also recommend their lip glosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!