Friday, September 7, 2012

MAC Mineral Blush in Miss Behave

In my last post, I talked about going to my local CCO (Cosmetics Company Outlet) and picking up a palette by Bobbi Brown.  Well, that wasn't the only thing I picked up!

This blush is a Mineralized Blush by MAC.  I'm not sure when it was originally released, but I'm fairly certain I've seen it within the last year in YouTube videos.  Anyway, it's a sweet light neutral pink shade, and it comes with a silver heart imprinted in the center.  This heart does not appear to be overlay - it delivers a light, silvery sheer highlight to the brush.

As you can see, the color is incredibly light, but it is pigmented.  I do not wear this as a blush - I actually use it more for highlighting purposes.  Because my face tends to be on the red side, I like that this cheek color neutralizes that redness without erring on the side of yellow or orange.  By lightly applying it to the area above my cheeks, I find that my face looks brighter and more cheery without looking like I needed the help of some liquid libations, if you know what I mean!  The silver heart gives it a certain soft lightness, and I like that.  I like my makeup to look pretty natural, especially with blush. No harsh contouring lines, nothing too obvious.  Just a nice, natural healthy glow of a girl next door... and this color definitely helps!

Have a great weekend everybody!

xoxo,
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Awr that is so cute with the little heart!

    Much love: http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ If you fancy a follow or a nosey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the heart in the middle. Those cute touches really appeal to me.
    I bet it makes a lovely highlighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice because it's not so shimmery that it looks synthetic and over the top. It gives a tiny little glow that looks really subtle and natural. Very pretty!!

      Delete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!