Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New 2012 LE Maybelline Color Tattoo Shadows

Maybelline has released new colors in their Color Tattoo line!  Four new shades were released this week, and they're currently available at Rite-Aid.  I picked two up and snapped some photos for you all - they're pretty.  And unfortunately, they're limited edition.





Barely Beige 

Barely Beige is a pretty shimmery nude.  It's extremely close to my natural skin tone, but this actually looks lovely on me.  It's creamy and soft, and will work as a really pretty base, or I can wear it alone for a more polished "no makeup" look.

Mossy Green

The other color I picked up was Mossy Green, which is a beautiful green with a gold-ish shimmer.  It's unlike anything else I own and I can't wait to try out different looks with it.  While Barely Beige is easily applied with a gentle finger, Mossy Green may need to be applied more carefully, and then I'll use my Sigma Precision Eye brushes to blend out appropriately.

So, here are swatches again:

Left to right: Barely Beige, Mossy Green

I washed my hands multiple times and still had remnants of the swatches on the back of my hand... this is indication of Color Tattoos' great staying power.  With makeup remover cloths, all traces are removed.

These are both buildable color, and are soft and shimmery.  There are two other colors (a darker brown and a light gold) that I may pick up eventually, but frankly, I don't wear my other Color Tattoo shadows enough to justify getting colors that are pretty similar.  These two are quite different from what I have, and I'm excited to give them a whirl.  Which one first?

4 comments:

  1. These are lovely cream eye shadows, I have the orange color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so pretty on their own or as a base! And I love how long lasting they are. :-)

      Delete
  2. I find these to be hit or miss. The taupe one looks gray on me but the gold one I like. I'd like the beige you showed though as a base so I'll watch for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barely Beige reminds me a lot of MAC's paint pot in Bare Study, but slightly less shimmery. I wasn't sure I would like wearing it on its own, but I ended up liking it a lot. It looked very natural and flattering on the eye. Bad to the Bronze is a great color - glad you like it! Have you see the new gold one? It's a lighter shade... less bronzy. Really pretty!

      Delete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!