Thursday, June 28, 2012

Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation

Reasonable Regulars (that's those of you who read these posts pretty regularly) know my love for Revlon ColorStay products.  I'm pretty much obsessed with the whole line, so when I heard about their new whipped foundation (and I had just run out another foundation I was using), I was so excited to give this one a try.  Note: I tried another Revlon foundation (liquid compact) first, which proved completely disastrous... and now I can't even find it on their website!  Anyway, onto the review!




So this is Revlon's ColorStay Whipped Creme Foundation.  It comes in a glass jar, which feels very fancy and high-end.  It retails around 13-14 dollars at your local drugstore


It's thicker than most foundations I've tried, and although it feels heavy on my fingers, it blends nicely and feels light on the skin.  Coverage is medium, but careful in trying to build it - you'll look cakey!  I dab a little on my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead, then blend with one of my Sigma foundation brushes from their Sigmax collection.  If I have any particular redness I want to cover, I just add a little more and blend well.  There doesn't initially look like a lot of product in this jar, but trust me - a little goes a long way!  It's thicker, so you may find yourself not wearing this on unbearably hot days, but I haven't had trouble with it melting off my face or feeling heavy.  However, it is thicker than other foundations, like Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Radiance, so if you're a girl who can just run out with only tinted moisturizer on your face (I hate you... just kidding), you may not want this foundation.

Incidentally, I am NW20 in MAC foundation, Buff in Neutrogena Healthy Skin Radiance foundation, and I am 220 Nude in this.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly! I am a beauty blog obsessed freak, and I was googling random makeup stuff as always and just stumbled upon your blog! I literally said outloud..."wait...is that Kelly?!?" Your blog is adorable, great job ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's me! I'm so obsessed, it's not even funny. LOL Glad I'm not the only one.

      Delete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!