Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My search for the perfect eyeliner: L'Oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black

Those of you who regularly read this blog have read my posts about eyeliner before.  A few months ago, I basically decided I was fed up with pencil eyeliners, and started messing around with liquid liners.  I discovered Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Liner in brown/black and have been relatively loyal to that liner for a while, but I recently decided to expand my horizons.



The first one I tried was Maybelline's Lash Stiletto in brown/black.  It was so awful I dug the outer packaging out of the bathroom trashcan and promptly marched it back to the drugstore for a full refund.  It was bad.  I mean BAD.  Don't EVER put it on your eyelids unless you want people to think you have some sort of skin disease that causes weird discoloration and crayon-like markings around your eyes.  It went on smoothly, then promptly faded into a nightmare.  I tried it several times to be sure, and every single time, I wound up looking like I dotted around my eyes with gray crayon.

Enter L'Oreal's Lineur Intense in carbon black.  I've heard the hype, and I finally found the one everyone raves about:

It's a felt-tip applicator, sort of similar to my beloved Revlon Colorstay liner, but a little larger.  (Apologies for the over-exposure - I didn't catch it until I uploaded the pic.)

Lineur Intense glides on smooth and dark.  Check out the swatch below.  If you find that this liner isn't as pigmented as it once was, shake it up before using it.  This helps immensely!!


I have been very impressed.  It lasts all day, comes off with my Neutrogena makeup removing cloths, and it stays nice and black (and in place) for as long as I need it to.  Seriously, I had to have an MRI on both of my legs (which takes forEVER, by the way) and I fell asleep on the table.  I awoke and my eyes still looked bright and fresh, with my liner still completely in place.  I'm seriously impressed!  For now, it's not replacing my Revlon ColorStay, but because it's a very black black and my ColorStay is a beautiful rich brown, it doesn't need to.  I have the best of both worlds.

Now if I could only find a great pencil liner!

Xoxo,
Kelly

P.S.  Like what you read?  Then subscribe and never miss a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!