Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 2012 Beauty Army Kit and Birchbox

I'm back!  I've been on a brief blogging hiatus while life returned to normal and I gathered up a bunch of new products to try out and review for you all.  I thought I'd start with my May Beauty Army Kit and Birchbox.

May Beauty Army Kit

May Birchbox



I actually went into more detail on these boxes in a recent YouTube video on my channel, The Reasonable Blog, and I tried to be nice, but frankly - Birchbox stinks.  I got a bunch of old lady creams, old lady perfume (no makeup, of course), and an empty pink envelope.  I cancelled my subscription then and there.  That doesn't stop them from emailing me and trying to sell me things, though.  To be fair, I've been getting very disappointing boxes for a while now.  The only real makeup items I received were a foundation primer and a lip gloss.  I was hoping to be exposed to new brands that would become staples in my routine, but nothing delivered.  I did learn about new brands from other people's Birchbox, though!

Onto the nicer box - Beauty Army.  So far, I've been getting products from the same brands, so I tweeted them and asked about that.  They told me to change my settings in my account about what kind of samples I want to receive.  I selected the items that are relevant to my interests, and hopefully this next month will bring some different goodies!  They've also revealed some great makeup brands coming on board, including NYX.  Awesome.

My thoughts on beauty subscription services are this -- If you're looking to try new things and don't quite know where to start, or if you're like me and you have product ADD and are always wanting to try something new, then a beauty subscription service is for you.  However, if you're seriously picky, or you're fiercely loyal to your own brands, or you just want full-sized products for "cheap" (the cost of the subscription), then you're never going to be satisfied.  I read a TON of complaints on YouTube videos and in blogs about how people want full-size products.  Well, then take your 10 dollars and put it towards a full size.  That's what I think about that.

Like what you read?  Be sure to subscribe (email, Blogger, or BlogLovin') to keep up to date on everything here at The Reasonable Blonde, including upcoming fun giveaways!

Twitter: ReasnableBlonde
Instagram: ReasnableBlonde
YouTube: TheReasonableBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!