Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Right to Bare Arms

I've posted on this before, but I've battled with Keratosis Pilaris for decades now.  Oh, how I long to wear sleeveless tops with confidence.  To let my fiance rub my arms without worrying that he can feel the bumps.  To no longer struggle with the urge to pick at them.

Tonight I noticed, for the very first time, that my arms are getting smooth.  Smooth.  Smooth arms.  Woah!  I cannot believe it.  My face is still wide in surprise and joy.

Here's what I've been doing:

  • Exfoliating in the shower, followed by KP Duty lotion on my upper arms, wrists, and chest.
  • Hydration!  Drink that water!!
  • Fish oil vitamins every day (I found burp-less ones that do not give me fishy burps)
One other thing I am currently doing is more controversial.  We're getting married in 3 weeks, so I've been going to a tanning bed.  I do have fair skin, but I tan well.  I go for 3 minutes at a time, so I don't burn or anything, and no, I do not plan to keep this up over time.  However, I am wondering if that has been helping with my KP?  I'll have to do my research and see!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hun...

    You won my Have a Good Friday giveaway! I sent you an email. :)

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!