Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sigma Series #3: E55 Eye Shading Brush

Today's review in the series is for the eye shading brush, the Sigma E55.

I got this brush, again, as part of the Make Me Cool collection.  However, it retails for only $9.  The next time I make a Sigma purchase, I am going to be sure to add a couple of these into the cart.

The E55 is a flat shader brush, very useful for applying shadow to the lids.  I use this nearly every day, and it's held up so well.  It's very similar to the Bare Escentuals Tapered Shadow brush that I've had for years, but I this one is bigger with a greater number of shorter, densely packed bristles.  It applies shadow incredibly easily, and using it with shimmery colors is great because it helps pat them on the lid with minimal fallout.


This brush washes well and holds up so nicely.  I wear contacts and have thin lids - I don't like scratchy brushes for shadow.  This brush is super soft and is pleasant to use.  (I do have a couple of shader brushes that are scratchy and they sometimes hurt.)  This brush is probably one of my favorite brushes from this collection.

I'm sure there are other brushes from other companies that are similar to this one, but I haven't found one that I like as much the E55.  It's held up so well through many cleanings, traveling, etc.  I highly recommend this brush over other brands, and at $9, it's very reasonable in price.

Disclaimer:  I am now an affiliate for Sigma.  However, I am not compensated for my reviews and all endorsements are honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!