Monday, January 9, 2012

Banned Until Pan #7: Maybelline One by One Volume Express mascara



Unlike the previous "BUP" post, I'm a little more bummed about this product getting finished.  It is the Maybelline One by One Volume Express mascara.  I originally got this mascara free from the quarterly rewards system from Ulta, and I'm very glad I did!  A lot of beauty gurus on YouTube actually didn't have a lot of praise for this mascara because it is on the "wetter" side in terms of formula, but this is precisely why I like it!  My lashes are long and very fine, like my hair, and I like something that volumizes without clumping or caking into my lashes.  I don't like a heavier formula because I'm naturally blonde and heavier mascaras tend to look more drag-queenish than natural and feminine.  This mascara did not disappoint!


The brush is plastic and actually pretty flexible.  The bristles are well defined and when you remove the brush from the bottle, it comes out clean rather than overloaded with product that leads to clumps and messes.

It's not waterproof, but I did find that it lasted all day without flaking or rubbing off.  I like non-waterproof mascaras because they are easier to remove without rubbing and pulling at my eyes.  I had one mascara that was nearly impossible to get off my lashes - I literally was pulling out lashes to get rid of it.  Once I was back home (I tried it while we were on vacation), it promptly went in the garbage.  This mascara isn't that way at all!  I'd definitely repurchase, but for now I am using up my other formulas, including one that will be featured in a post in the very near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!