Wednesday, December 28, 2011

VoxBox Review: Montagne Jeunesse Peel Off Mask


After a particularly grueling workout tonight at the gym, I decided to treat myself to some Gossip Girl, snuggle time with the cat, and pampering.  I put on my fuzzy socks and comfy sweatshirt, washed my makeup off from the day, then settled down with a nice face mask.

Tonight I used the Passion Peel Off mask from Montagne Jeunesse.  I've used peeling masks before, so I prepared myself for somewhat of a mess, but wanted to try the product anyway.  (I got this in my 2011 Holiday VoxBox from Influenster.com.)  So, I tore open the package and gave it a shot!

First off, the amount of product in the package is perfect.  Not too much, not too little.  It's a violet-red clear gel, and the smell is simply divine - fruity but not too sweet or overpowering.  It was cool and smooth to apply with my fingertips, and then after washing my hands, I sat back to let it work its magic.

The peel takes about 15-20 minutes to dry, but you can definitely feel when it's ready.  If you apply it with your mouth closed (avoid your mouth and eyes), and you open your mouth after it dries, it will tug a little.  Removal is a LOT easier than other peel-off masks.  It peels easily off the skin in large pieces.  I didn't find that it was painful, difficult, or tedious.  Afterwards, my skin felt clean and soft, and a little bit tight, and much smoother (which makes sense, since it claims to remove dead skin cells).  I do plan to use a moisturizer before bed.

My skin is not acne-prone, and tends to err on the dry side.  It has some redness, likely due to rosacea, but I did not experience any irritation.  I would definitely use this mask again!  For more information, visit http://www.montagnejeunesse.com/.

This product was provided complimentary via the VoxBox from Influenster.  I do not accept payment or compensation for reviewing products.  All opinions are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!