Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer blues

Anyone who knows me knows that I adore the color blue.  I bleed Carolina blue.  Seventy percent of my wardrobe is blue or has blue accents.  Sapphires are my favorite gem.  Blue blue blue blue blue!

So, it's no surprise that my favorite nail color right now is Mesmerize by Essie.
Please excuse the gross cuticles - we're still unpacking, cleaning, getting arranged in our new house and my hands and nails are paying for it.

This is the perfect blue.  It's not too dark or too light, it doesn't have sparkle or shimmer (but it's not matte), and it's creamy and smooth.  It reminds me of the ocean, which makes me happy.  I love my Essie polishes, but I have noticed with Adore-a-ball, the paint tends to chip pretty easily at the cuticle, and then I end up pulling out my hair while doing things like blow-drying my hair.  The darker colors do not do this, so no problems with this color!

Glitter polish is by NYC.  It's ironic that the cheapest glitter polish I've found is by far the best one, followed by Orly's Shine On, Crazy Diamond at a very distant second place.

What polish colors are you loving this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!