Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Quick Review: Maybelline Clean Express Makeup Removing Wipes


I picked up several items from the Maybelline Clean Express line (more on the others later), but I wanted to share my thoughts on these wipes very quickly.

Let's just say I won't be repurchasing these wipes. They work okay for removing makeup (I don't wear waterproof mascara and hardly ever wear waterproof liner), but mostly just smeared it around my face. The worst part is the taste they leave on my lips. It tastes like… chemicals. Very gross, and doesn't exactly make me feel good about the ingredients and chemicals in this wipes.

They won't be wasted - I'll use them to remove swatches while taking pics for this blog, but I won't use these on my face again. I feel like that's such a random reason to stop using a product - it didn't taste good? Have any of you ever done that? Stopped wearing a makeup item because it smelled or tasted funky? I think if they'd tasted bad but removed my eye makeup well, that would be a different story. But because these mostly just smear it around my face, it's just not enough to keep me interested.

What was the last beauty item you put aside for a random reason? Tell me about it in the comments!

Cheers,
Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Great review, I probabaly won't purchase this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely better wipes out there on the market! Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  2. I have used the Yes To Cucumbers brand of makeup remover wipes, and I like them a lot. Oddly enough, I just purchased one of their lip balms, it it's texture was so odd to me... waxy and grainy... it met it's fate in my trash can. Happy new year, Kelly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't be buying these. I haven't found any makeup wipes I've liked for a while. I do the same & keep them too wipe my hands & have in my bag for on the go
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've recently started using Aveeno wipes and I like them a LOT. I'm actually on my second pack and will definitely repurchase. They're gentle, smell pleasant, effective, and I don't feel completely dried out after using them!

      Delete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!