Thursday, July 5, 2012

Organix Shampoo and Conditioner

So we all know there are good shampoos and bad shampoos.  Your hairdresser probably comments on what products you use, or need to use, or should consider purchasing from her salon.


I'm a firm believer that shampoo can make or break your hair... pun intended.  When I was living in the city, my friend and neighbor grew tired of listening to me complain about my hair woes, so she convinced me to try a higher-end shampoo line.  After messing around with a few different types, I finally settled on Bed Head.  My hairdressers always commented on how healthy my hair was.  After years of general happiness with my shampoo's effectiveness, but unhappy with the scent (Fruity Pebbles?) and price, I began to grow bored and started shopping around.

To make a long story short, I found my way to the Organix brand.  They smell pretty nice, are paraben and sulfate free, and are sold at drugstores!  After months of using multiple lines from the Organix brand, including Keratin Therapy, Moroccan Argan Oil, and Awapuhi Ginger, pictured above.

Lately I've noticed my hair growing increasingly frustrating to work with.  It's dry, it won't hold a style, and it's breaking more and more.  I comb it after the shower and was pulling a ton of hair out of the comb each time.  I thought it was because I have been growing it out long and have been over-processing with heating tools, but after reading other reviews online, I know the reason I've been struggling with my hair: Organix.

While it's important to use a shampoo free from sulfates (the chemicals that give you a great lather but strip the heck out of your hair) and parabens (the chemicals argued to be linked to cancer - which is not yet substantiated - but still generally disliked by many consumers), there are better options out there.  I don't know that anyone can go wrong with a brand like Bed Head, and I personally have just switched back, and I'm definitely not looking back!

What brands of shampoo do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!