Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Protector Finishing Powder


Now that it's summer, I am noticing a bit more "shine" on my face after applying my liquid foundation. To combat this, I like to dust a light layer of finishing powder as a finishing touch on my face routine using my Sigma F30 large powder brush.  During the cooler months, I was using a heavier powder (MAC Studio Fix powder) but now that it's warmer outside, I really want something smoother and lighter weight.





After hearing a lot of rave reviews, I decided to try out Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Protector Finishing Powder (in natural beige).  It's a finishing powder, not a foundation, so it's smoother, lighter, and doesn't end up caking up on my skin over my liquid foundation.


The compact is plastic and lightweight and it works well, opening with a quick push of my finger.  Under the powder side is a sponge applicator.  This would help with quick touchups, but I haven't used it because I like my powder brush instead.


I have been using this every single day since I purchased it.  It's smooth and lightweight (almost silky), it doesn't cake on my face, gives a nice finished airbrushed look over liquid foundation, and helps combat shine.  I like the sheer color and the lasting power.  It has no smell and doesn't oxidize on my face, so it's a definite winner in my book!  I haven't traveled with it yet, so I can't comment on how well the compact holds up in a makeup bag, but I have noticed that it stays closed well, protecting the product from accidental destruction, and the little sponge applicator stays out of the way, but can definitely come in handy when you need it!

The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Protector Finishing Powder can be purchased at your neighborhood drugstore and comes in a variety of shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!