Monday, May 28, 2012

Tarte Amazonian Blush and Bronze on the Go


On a recent quick trip to Sephora (my local one is inside JC Penney), I noticed something at the counter that jumped out at me right away - a Tarte "sampler" with mini 12-hour Amazonian Clay blush in Dollface and a mini Amazonian bronzer in Park Ave Princess.




This sampler, which I unfortunately cannot find on the Sephora website, but it's here on the Tarte website, is a great option for those of us who want a chance to try the products before spending that kind of money.  Both the bronzer and the blush are 0.11 ounces (full sizes are 0.32 oz and 0.20 oz, respectively), so they're about one third and one half the size of the regular sizes.


These colors are beautiful and versatile, suitable for most skin-tones.  I have started wearing the blush on a regular basis, and I use the bronzer to contour my cheekbones.  Dollface is cool-toned like Benefit's Hervana (not orange, peach, or coral), and I like its lasting power.  Does it last 12 hours?  I'm not 100% certain, but I have noticed that it does not oxidize on my face (ahem, Smashbox), and it has color without looking clown-like.  It's soft and subtle, just the way I like it.  The compact sizes are nice for travel, of course, but also to just try out and see if you like the formulas before investing in full sizes.  I highly recommend this duo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!