Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hit or Miss: Ion Heat Protection Spray

On a recommendation from some folks on YouTube, I picked up the Ion Straightening Solutions Heat Protection Spray in the hopes that it would help reduce frizz and protect my hair from extreme heat from curling irons and straightening irons.

I have very fine, thin, blonde hair, and this product just does NOT work for me.  I spray it lightly on my hair, avoiding roots, and it just sucks.  First off, it makes my hair feel (and look) greasy, and secondly, it doesn't actually help my hair hold style from heat.  I kept expecting to see steam arise from my iron (from the product), and I never do.  It is basically a silicone/oil type mess that just weighs down my hair and doesn't dry or evaporate.

Have any of you used this?  What were your experiences?  Am I just doing it wrong?

1 comment:

  1. I use this all the time, and my hair is on the thinner side. Instead of spraying it directly on your hair, try to spray it on your hands first, rub them together, and then coat your hair with the spray from your hands! it gives your hair just enough of the spray to not fry your hair and also won't make your hair look greasy! I swear by this stuff I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and respond as much as possible! However, if you're only here to spam my blog with unrelated links, I will delete your comments. Thank you for understanding!